Our Safari Expert Academy
Go2Africa are recruiting English, German and Spanish speaking graduates, candidates with general working experience and junior travel consultants to join our Safari Expert Academy, commencing on 1 February 2019 in Cape Town.
DO YOU LOVE: Africa, designing itineraries, selling to clients, travelling and deﬁning what you earn?
Then you have the ‘Big 5’ factors we are looking for in an Africa Safari Expert!
Our Africa Safari Experts will create and sell tailor-made itineraries to international travellers. The successful candidate will sell locations based in Southern Africa, and thereafter East Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands. New enquiries are provided by Go2Africa’s website and the successful candidate is responsible for generating repeat and referral enquiries through exceptional customer relationship management.
Our Safari Expert Academy will provide comprehensive training and the opportunity to develop insight into sales, customer service and the African tourism and travel industry.
- Achievement of sales targets
- Quality assurance of client travel documentation
- Customer relationship / prospect relationship management
- Social media marketing
- Matric or equivalent (essential)
- Diploma or Degree (advantageous)
- Sales experience (advantageous)
- Travel consultant experience (advantageous)
- E-marketing and social media (advantageous)
- Africa / South Africa travel industry (advantageous)
- Business systems (advantageous)
- MS Office (Word, Excel, E-mail)
- Business systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (listening, questioning, probing, etc)
- Numerical skills
- Excellent administration skills
- Organizational skills / time and task management
- Customer and prospect relationship management
- B2B relationship management
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a cooperative manner whilst maintaining independence
- Critical problem-solver
- Meticulously detail oriented
- Aptitude to learn and transform into performance
- Decision making
- Confident and decisive
- Impeccable ethics and integrity
How to apply
To apply, e-mail the following to email@example.com:
- Covering letter
- Academic transcripts
- Optional: a short video clip, telling us why you would like to be a part of the Safari Expert Academy
Please clearly state the role (“Safari Expert Academy”) in the e-mail subject line.
What some of our recent Safari Expert Academy Graduates had to say:
“Bringing together individuals of different ages, life experiences and vocational backgrounds, the Safari Expert Academy is at the leading edge of what technology is capable of within the tourism sphere.”
- Justin Chapman, 2017 Safari Expert Academy
“Africa has a special magic that Go2Africa is able to bring to life. Through the patient guidance and support from mentors and team leaders, I’ve learnt valuable training techniques and experienced the most incredible adventures. The 2017 Safari Expert Academy opened a door to a new world, a door that I hope will never close.”
- Sasha Rawstorne, 2017 Safari Expert Academy